Jackage - Java Package Manager¶
Jackage is a package management and repository system for Java-based projects. A package is some kind of deliverable plus the metadata. The metadata is stored in the jackage repository, the deliverable, e.g. a JAR can be downloaded from its original URL or a pool or a proxy.
- Managment of package metadata. The repository stores projects not packages.
- The package itself is not stored in the repository, thus the repository is small and does not conflict with license restictions
- Whole-World-Knowledge - no extra download is needed when evaluation metadata, e.g. (transitive) dependencies.
- Repository overlay support
- Integrated into Cmvn and therefore into Maven